By Ronald W. Cox
More than a decade into the hot millennium, the fusion of company and country strength is the fundamental defining characteristic folks international coverage. This edited quantity significantly examines the connection among agencies and the USA nation within the improvement of overseas rules concerning globalization.
Drawing jointly quite a lot of individuals, this paintings explores the function of organizations in utilizing US overseas rules to enhance the pursuits of transnational capital in quite a lot of contexts, including:
- how US govt rules have contributed to the globalization of creation and finance
- the ways that transnational agencies have stimulated the U.S. courting with China, a very important linkage within the new period of transnational accumulation
- how transnational company strength has formed capital-labour kin, humanitarian intervention, structural adjustment guidelines, low-intensity democracy and the G20 summits
- the "corporate centrism" of the Obama management, whose guidelines were in keeping with the turning out to be energy of transnational capital in US overseas policymaking
- the politics and outcomes of the embedded dating among numerous sectors of the transnational capitalist type, international associations and the USA nation, together with the bounds and contradictions of this dating throughout the ongoing capitalist crisis.
This paintings should be of serious curiosity to scholars and students of either US overseas coverage and foreign political economic system.
Read Online or Download Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy) PDF
Similar international affairs books
The discord among Turkey and Greece has grown deeper and wider through the years, over a chain of probably important concerns, that have from time to time introduced the 2 nations to the edge of conflict. but in 1999 the 2 international locations opened a discussion on non-sensitive concerns reminiscent of alternate, the surroundings and tourism. The explanations of the present rapprochement development are explored during this publication in relation either to the overseas surroundings that is more and more conducive to this development, and the numerous family adjustments that either Greece and Turkey have skilled because the finish of the chilly conflict.
Ten years in the past the subject of human smuggling and trafficking used to be quite new for tutorial researchers, even though the perform itself is particularly previous. because the first version of this quantity used to be released, a lot has replaced globally, at once impacting the phenomenon of human smuggling. Migrant smuggling and human trafficking are actually extra entrenched than ever in lots of areas, with efforts to wrestle them either mostly unsuccessful and sometimes counterproductive.
Curiosity in Arctic politics is at the upward thrust. whereas contemporary bills of the subject position a lot emphasis on weather swap or a brand new geopolitics of the quarter, the background of the Inuit Circumpolar Council (ICC) and Arctic politics reaches again a lot extra in time. Drawing out the advanced courting among household, Arctic, overseas and transnational Inuit politics, this ebook is the 1st in-depth account of the political background of the ICC.
This booklet stories the worldwide issue and tensions over even if to intrude or to not interfere in critical civil conflicts which attempt the validity of the hot doctrine of accountability to guard or R2P. It particularly assesses R2P’s relevance for Asia, that is outlined largely during this e-book to incorporate West Asia or the center East and the region’s emergence because the so much serious hazard to foreign order within the kind of the Arab Uprisings.
- De-Bordering Korea: Tangible and Intangible Legacies of the Sunshine Policy (Routledge Advances in Korean Studies)
- The Political Economy of Energy, Finance and Security in the United Arab Emirates: Between the Majilis and the Market (International Political Economy Series)
- Dissolving Tensions: Rapprochement and Resolution in British-American-Canadian Relations in the Treatyof Washington Era, 1865–1914 (New Studies in U.S. Foreign Relations)
- Hostage on the Yangtze: Britain, China, and the Amethyst Crisis of 1949
- Economies of Recycling: The Global Transformation of Materials, Values and Social Relations
- Knowledge and the Search for Understanding Among Nations
Additional resources for Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy)
Corporate Power and Globalization in US Foreign Policy (Routledge Studies in US Foreign Policy) by Ronald W. Cox